If you are the Executor of a Will, you need to carry out the intentions of the deceased person according to their Will.
In most cases, you need to obtain a Grant of Probate from the Supreme Court. This, principally, is a "licence" to you, as Executor, to deal with the assets in the estate.
We can help you by:
- Working with you to identify what the assets of the estate are
- Advising you as to how the Will determines the treatment and distribution of those assets
- Preparing the Application to the Court and explaining the process to you
- Assisting you to carry out the intentions of the Will, whether by converting the assets to cash and distributing the cash, or transferring specific assets to the beneficiaries
- Ensuring that you complete the administration of the estate according to law
- Protecting you, where possible, from claims by creditors or disaffected family members of the deceased
- Guiding you on taxation issues in dealing with the assets of the estate