Family Law

The ending of any relationship whether it be a marriage or de-facto relationship, including same sex, may be a difficult and confusing time. We can guide you through this emotional time by providing you with expert advice as to your rights and entitlements whilst supporting your needs and wants.

Our family law expertise covers the following areas:

  • Separation and Divorce
  • Parenting arrangements including child support
  • Financial and property settlement
  • Spousal maintenance
  • How to formalise your Agreement
  • Alternative Dispute Resolution, including Collaborative Law
  • Court Orders and Apprehended Violence Orders (AVO’s)
  • Court representation

Separation and Divorce

The divorce is the ending of your legal relationship with your spouse. You must be able to prove that you have been separated for 12 months and that the relationship has broken down completely.

Parenting Arrangements Including Child Support

One of the most important decisions you will make is whom the children will live with and who they will spend time with. We can also assist you with child support applications.

Financial and Property Settlement

The division of assets and liabilities is never an easy task. Fortunately, the Family Court procedures actively push you and your former spouse to engage in negotiations to resolve the issues even before filing an Initiating Application in the court.

Spousal Maintenance

Spouse maintenance is financial support paid by one party to the other in circumstances where they are unable to adequately support themselves.

Alternative Dispute Resolution, Including Collaborative Law

There are several ways of resolving a dispute without have the Family Court’s involved.

Court Orders and Apprehended Violence Orders (AVO's)

Where it is not possible to reach agreement with your former spouse or partner about parenting or money, sometimes it is necessary to begin proceedings in the Family Law Courts.

Court Representation

We are experienced in attending all Court events and can are happy to provide you details as to what is involved if your matter does go to Court.