Bridget Schultz


Bridget works exclusively in the area of family law. She has extensive experience in all aspects of family law, including;

She commenced her legal career initially as a legal secretary and paralegal during which time she completed her university studies and was subsequently admitted to practice as a lawyer. 

Bridget’s background in support roles has been of significant benefit for her role as a lawyer as, in addition to understanding the complexities and legal requirements of a family law matter, she has also developed a comprehensive understanding of the practical and administrative requirements of managing those matters.

Bridget's friendly and approachable manner and natural empathy with clients ensures that she quickly gains the confidence and respect of her clients.  She has a genuine determination to obtain the best outcomes for her clients and is a valued member of our team.


Law Society of New South Wales - Member

Recent articles by Bridget

Are there time limits for property settlement?

Are there time limits for property settlement after separation or divorce?

One of the first questions a family law lawyer may ask you is 'when did you separate?'. There is a good reason for this question. Time limits apply to family law proceedings for property settlement.
Read more
How do I get a divorce in Australia?

Getting a divorce in Australia

In 1975 the Family Law Act established the principle of no-fault divorce in Australia. This means that there is no longer any requirement for one of the parties to be considered 'at fault' for the relationship breakdown. The court only requires that there is an irretrievable breakdown of the marriage, in order to grant a divorce.
Read more
Can I get a divorce if we’ve been married for under 2 years?

Can I get a divorce if I have been married less than 2 years?

If you and your husband/wife have been married for less than 2 years, then you must attend counselling before filing an Application for Divorce. The two years is calculated from the date of the marriage to the date of applying for the Application for Divorce.
Read more
How do I serve my divorce papers on my ex?

How do I serve divorce papers in Australia?

When you divorce in Australia and you lodge your Application for Divorce, you are required to notify the other party (your husband or wife) that you have done this; unless you make a joint application. This notification is referred to as ‘service’.
Read more